Five Useful Tips for Healthy Skin
One of the most effective ways to delay the normal aging process is to maintain good skin. To do this, you don’t need an intensive routine like a model would. Below are some tips that will yield effective results.
- Protect yourself from the sun
As simple as this may sound, it can have a major impact. Excessive exposure of the skin to sunlight can lead to wrinkles, age spots, increase the risk of skin cancer and other problems.
For total sun protection:
- Use sunscreen. Apply sunscreen generously, and reapply every two hours or more often if perspiring or swimming.
- Seek shade. Avoid being exposed to direct sun rays, which tend to be very intense between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Wear protective clothing. It is advisable to wear things that will offer enough coverage, like long sleeved shirts. There is also clothing specially designed to reduce ultraviolet rays.
- Don’t smoke
Smokers are prone to wrinkles. Smoking decreases the flow of blood and causes the skin to be paler by narrowing the blood vessels. It damages the fibers that increase skin elasticity and strength.
- Treat your skin gently
Regular cleansing and proper shaving can give your skin a glowing effect. To keep it tender:
- Limit your shower time. Take a warm shower bath.
- Don’t use strong soaps. User mild detergent and soaps.
- Shave carefully. Use shaving lotions, oils or gels that are suitable for your skin. Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Nourish dry skin. Use suitable moisturizing lotions if you have dry skin.
- Eat a well-balanced and healthy diet
Healthy eating can also boost your look and reduce aging. It’s advisable to eat fruits in large quantities. You can also maintain skin hydration by increasing your level of water intake.
- Manage stress
Excessive stress can cause breakouts and other skin-related challenges. It is also advisable that you take time to get enough rest. Both can increase the appearance of the skin.