Skin Care Benefits of Buriti Oil
Did you know your skin care routine can benefit from buriti oil? Buriti oil is extracted from the moriche palm tree found in the Amazon also known as the “tree of life.” It is a shiny and round chestnut-colored fruit with a yellow pulp inside available to pick only from December to April. Today, it’s used to make beverages, preserves and ice cream, but can also provide great benefits for the skin in the form of body and facial cleansers and moisturizers.
What is buriti oil made of?
Buriti oil contains rich sources of beta-carotene, unsaturated fatty acids, and vitamins E and A, which are good for the skin and overall health. Beta-carotene is an antioxidant which protects the skin against photo-damage and keeps skin cells healthy. The unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins E and A help rebuild, moisturize and hydrate skin cells.
- Lightens dark spots caused by sun damage.
- The essential fatty acids help with wrinkle prevention and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They help restore skin elasticity and promote healthier looking skin.
- Beta-carotene also protects against photo-damage and helps keep skin cells healthy.
- Vitamin E and A properties help rebuild, moisturize and rehydrate skin cells. Vitamin E also helps protect the skin from environmental stressors such as photo-damage by making sure pores are moisturized and the skin is protected and looking healthy.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce rashes, dry skin, sensitive skin, roughness, irritation and redness.
Amazon natives use buriti oil religiously for its many health benefits. Buriti oil can be used for haircare to battle dry, brittle and damaged hair. In fact, natives of central Brazil have been using buriti oil to treat dry hair for a long time. It shines dull and faded hair and reduces the number of split ends. It can also be effective for lip care, eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions.
With beta-carotene and antioxidants composing buriti oil, it is the essential anti-aging protection. The vitamins and fatty acids keep the skin and hair firm, hydrated and protected. When it comes to shopping for skin care products, seeing buriti oil on the ingredients list should be an easy purchase decision to make.