Skin Care Tips for Men
Men aren’t really known for their skin care routines. Most men strive to keep their skin care regimen as simple as possible. Maybe that should change. And if it is to change, you can start with our skin care tips for men.
However, pursuing healthier skin does not have to take up a lot of time or money. There are a few differences that stand out between men’s skin and women’s skin. However, the basic premises of skin care remain the same. The first priority in developing a skin care routine is to figure out what type of skin you have. There are five basic skin types that apply to both men and women.
Five Different Skin Types
- Sensitive skin – Men who experience frequent razor burn or rashes tend to have sensitive skin. If it burns when products are applied to the face, it is more than likely that you have sensitive skin.
- Oily skin – Oily skin is something that a lot of men suffer from. Skin often feels greasy to the touch and will have a shiny appearance.
- Combination skin – Combination skin is where the skin tends to have some dry areas and some oily areas. This can be the most difficult type of skin to care for.
- Dry skin – Dry skin is usually flakey, rough or itchy.
- Normal skin – Normal skin does not burn or sting if product is applied.
Skin Care Tips For Men Suggested by Professional Dermatologists
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser every single day. Keeping your face clean can prevent breakouts as well as keep it healthy.
- Be aware of what the products you use are made of. Some products have ingredients that can dry out your skin, which you want to avoid if you already have dry skin.
- Do not use bar soap to wash your face because it can greatly dry out your skin.
- Pay attention to your shaving techniques. Shaving too quickly or getting too close to the skin can cause irritation and bumps to occur.
- Use moisturizer on a daily basis no matter what type of skin you have.
- Always wear sunscreen when outside even if the sun doesn’t appear to be too powerful.